P.S !

P.S !

by Deleted user -
Number of replies: 9

Al salamu 3alaykom,
for whom it may concern,

I just wanted to mention specific things that I've appreciated since we started this week ..things that wasn't present before...despite the fact that they are mandatory .. and are only a little subdivision of many many many other disasterous ' underconstruction ' whole buildings, but I hope this won't last forever !!

unfortunately we -as seniors- will not have ultimate benefit from them (the 'to be constructed' stuff ).. but to know that younger generations are going to have better surronding environment to work in than us,this is delightful ..

- Prosthesis lab , although the same old chairs are there, but there's actually Light which is working ,sucction and new sinks which actually are not blocked !

-A fine ,CLEAN and WIDE prayer place for girls which was never present ,with Clean toilets just infornt of it .

- The Pedo-public respectful professors concern and their rapid reply to our demands .

This was the positive part... the negative one is to be collected and published here also in Shaa Allah later on.. not for the sake of criticism but as I wish, for better solutions and outcomes !

Thanks !

In reply to Deleted user

Re: P.S !

by Prof. Maha El Tantawi - -
Alekom Al Salam Wa Rahmat Allah Wa Barakatoh ya Manar,

Yes, there are lots of things going on Al Hamd Lellah. I hope u seniors will be around to see the conclusion of the remaining changes. Starting next week in sha Allah, u ll be able to have a look at the new multipurpose lab (near Students Affairs), the garage is already open but this does not directly affect you students. The cafeteria will soon be open in sha Allah. The library is almost empty ready for a complete make over with shelves, computers and internet access. The fifth floor (Oral Biology) lecture hall is also ready for lectures with Oral Pathology lab to follow in one- two months in sha Allah.

I totally agree about the new toilets- they are a blessing.

I guess everybody currently suffering the temporary closure of Operative clinics will - in sha Allah- be satisfied with a new clinic fully equipped with new units. I am excited for this although I am not working in it.

These things take time, effort and determination. Al Hamd Lellah we are in a far better position now and can afford these changes. This also is the result of very hard work. Checking for what is needed, shopping for it, buying, letting these into our stores, setting them up, maintenance, .... all this takes so much time, energy and HONESTY plus wisdom, insight and motivation.

CONSTRUCTIVE feedback is useful for everybody. You give this when you point a shortcoming which may have been overlooked without antagonizing the person you give the feedback to and when you keep in mind that you do want to help by setting things right.
In reply to Prof. Maha El Tantawi -

by Deleted user -

yes, we're actually suffering so much from operative clinics... 2 sessions per a week for us to work ( endo, operative AND crown) is technically impossible...

not to mention the fact that no. of units is less than the no. of students per section... and the present ones nearly half of them are disasterous..

today in my section -section 5- we were arranged alphabetically so each one would fix himself to a unit .. I thought I'm going to have one of the disasterous previously mentioned units ( as my name comes in the end of our section)... but I was amazed to find out there's NO unit for me... not for another 4 colleagues as well.

when I mentioned my problem to some of the professors and our instructors, the reply was the following :

- How on earth is the lab designed in this way
- How on earth do the ministry accepts more students than our needs
-How on earth are the sections divided in no.s more than section's capacity
-It's not your business !
- you can wait each section to see if someone didn't attend so you can take his place !!!!
- each section, 5 different students won't work .( P.S : Do you notice the no. of requirements required from us before saying this ? )

I'd be very delighted if someone cared to solve this !
Thanks

In reply to Deleted user

by Deleted user -
iam totally agree with manar..:D
In reply to Deleted user

by Prof. Wafaa Essameldin - -

Dear all

I think 4th year students had the same problem of units last year and they eventually managed to overcome it. So, I hope you can meet with Dr Sybelle, head of conservative department, who is absolutely wonderful, helpful and cooperative in order to discuss your suggestions for any possible solutions. I am sure positive thinking and brain storming will come up with brilliant remedies and ideas ...

In reply to Prof. Wafaa Essameldin -

by Deleted user -
Dear Dr Wafaa,

last year, 4rth year students had summer training through which a large no. of requirements were done, which we hadn't...

they also had more than 2 practical sessions per week, as well as separated crown session from operative and endo ..

the two operative clinics were working then as well.. not only 1 like us..

(I wonder how are we supposed to finish same number of requirement as them !)

finally, some of the above professors' replies that I mentioned were Dr sybelle 's ..she told me there are new units on their way, when I explained
to her that the problem isn't only the quality, but the quantity as well, she said there's nothing she can do...maybe divide the 4-hours section into 2 hours and two hours (through which we'll eventually should work endo, operative and crown 4 hours per week, only..!)
In reply to Deleted user

by Deleted user -

you know what's really miserable ? it's that number of the requirements that we had shouldn't be our greatest concern ! it's the QUALITY too !!

so , if the solution will be FURTHER reducing the no. of the requirements , then what about the quality and our working skills knowing that it's our last academic year to work under supervision and learn what we had to learn

it's too stressful .

In reply to Deleted user

by Deleted user -
Well to tell you the truth, everyone - who are older than us- told me that actual learning and improvement of our working skills is never to be achived through 3rd and 4rth year, but to be at ' emteyaz ' and ' takleef ' afterwards..

maybe that's what made me concerned more about reducing the number, as we won't be able to finish them by any means !
In reply to Deleted user

by Deleted user -

Dear Manar and her collegues,

There will be considerations in the number of requirements as well as needs and schedule of the clinical sessions until clinic 2 operates. you are right about the number of available dental chairs and this is why we are renovating and establishing new clinics in order to improve student/unit ratio. unfortunatelly these things take time and we can not afford to suspend the educational process. I think very soon, the departments with requirements and low feasibility will announce their modifications.

In reply to Deleted user

by Deleted user -
I hope this will be announced as soon as possible in shaa Allah..

but having dental chairs corresponding to no. of students per section .....or maybe to consider having reasonable no. of working hours per week in practical sessions is probably the optimum solution because I noticed renovation takes so much time ,unfortunately...

Thanks and waiting for the departments' announcements..