To the Dental Public Health Department

To the Dental Public Health Department

by Deleted user -
Number of replies: 10
السلام عليكم

yesterday after the problem solving lecture which was most appreciatively given by Dr Wafaa, I spoke with her concerning 2 points. The first being an extra problem solving lecture most preferably given in the few days prior to the final written exam, and the second, if there's a possibility of course, was concerning a revision lecture on certain topics of the curriculum.

After asking my colleagues, I came to the conclusion that the areas most in need to revision are the basics of the third year curriculum, namely types of studies and clinical trials, etc...

So if the department agrees, the students would like 2 extra dates to be set for another practice trial on the problem solving, and a revision of the main topics of third year
In reply to Deleted user

Re: To the Dental Public Health Department

by Deleted user -
i totally agree with Khalid , and please we want to know the model answers for the 3rd year exam ...thanks in advance :)
In reply to Deleted user

by Deleted user -
Types of Epidemiology, types of studies, clinical trials and looking for evidence. Mainly last year topics because, in my opinion, by revising them, problem solving will be easier to answer insha'Allah.

Thanks,
In reply to Deleted user

by Prof. Maha El Tantawi - -
Salam Aleikom All,
What does "revision" mean? (please chose what you mean)
a- repeating the lectures
b- answering questions
In reply to Prof. Maha El Tantawi -

by Deleted user -
repeating the lectures (briefly and as concisely as possible of course... no need to be too thorough or anything, just the basics and the most important areas that were covered concerning mainly the topics that Fatemah mentioned above).
In reply to Deleted user

I see ya Khaled. The topics Fatemah mentioned cover an entire semester so any covering of them would need to be really concise to happen in one hour. The basic facts related to these topics are really simple and I dont think repeating them would help you answer the questions of problem solving.

What I think needs to be done is that you all need to study these topics really well (so you can answer simple factual/ recall questions). Then when you are ready, I can set some time for posting some questions on your course website (application questions like those you are expected to answer in problem solving). In this case, I can see where the problems lie. If I feel there are areas which you miss or can not grasp after studying, then it would be helpful to go through them again briefly.

This proposal needs commitment from your side because I will invest time in it and you as a class need to do the same. If I sit with you an hour to repeat the topics, I put aside one hour only for this. If we go to my proposal, this means I put aside many more hours. I can do that but only if you study so we can talk.

Talk with your your colleagues and tell me the conclusion.

by Deleted user -
That seems like a good idea. My colleagues agree to it, but when can this revision be done? Suggestions till now point to any time between 17/5 and 2/6 (after the last practical exam, and before the first written final exam - for forth year, I mean) ... Is this time frame okay with you or whomever will be preparing and giving the lecture?
In reply to Deleted user

Fine ya Khalid. The time frame you set is wide enough to be feasible. I think I can do the revision. I will ask Dr Wafaa to join in in sha Allah.

We agree then that I will post some questions in sha Allah and will check your responses and we will be talking on your 4th year Public Health course in sha Allah.

Best wishes to you all in sha Allah

by Deleted user -
Beautiful then :) ... I'll tell my class to study for the questions insha allah
In reply to Deleted user

by Prof. Wafaa Essameldin - -

Hi Khaled

I agree with Dr Maha that you have to read and try to study your 3rd year lectures  first before we go through any revisions because it will be useless without your active participation..It is my pleasure to share with Dr Maha in the revision on the date you all agree on..Regarding the 2nd problem solving, please set a date which suits everybody before or after the revision and tell me about it so we can do it together...Best of luck to you all !!!!!!!!!