credit hours

credit hours

by Deleted user -
Number of replies: 2
I couldn't find a post-grad forum to post in, so excuse me for posting in the under-grad forum.

Where/ who can I ask about the number of credit hours my class (class of 2012) has attained so far. If none of those of you who kindly access the forum have information as to how many credit hours my class has attained in undergraduate studies/ will attain during the following post grad year of training, then I would greatly appreciate that anyone tell me who is responsible for 'imtiyaz' and/or who has the appropriate information concerning the issue.

Thank you
In reply to Deleted user

Re: credit hours

by Prof. Maha El Tantawi - -
salam ya Khalid,
your program-as i am sure you know- is not credit hour based. calculating the equivalent credits of what you as holder of a year based bachelor system degree is a bit subjective since it eventually needs approval of the supreme council of universities, the dental sector committee there and before all that the a group of committees in alexandria university.
one credit= one hr lecture weekly in a semester
one credit= one lab session (2-3 hrs) weekly in a semester
one credit = one clinical session (2-3 hrs) weekly in a semester

this way if u have course x where u get one lecture and one lab session weekly for a year, u can calculate it as 2 credits X 2 semesters= 4 credits. your colleagues in the credit hour system (undergrad) have for example to finish 181 hrs of credit to receive their degree. in average, they have per semester about 19 credits.

imtyaz is not calculated since it is not graded: no courses or exams. it is compulsory u attend but u cant/ dont calculate it in credits. And it is not calculated or considered as a year of postgraduate study.

it would be interesting to know the credit equivalents of ur program when u do calculate it.
In reply to Prof. Maha El Tantawi -

Re: credit hours

by Deleted user -
I'll be sure to calculate them as soon as possible.

Thank you Dr Maha