Job Description of Interns

Job Description of Interns

by Deleted user -
Number of replies: 3
I'd like to know where I can get a job description of what exactly an intern is supposed to do, because sometimes we are asked to do the "dirty work" that our supervisors should be doing. I'd like to have my job description with me so that when I refuse to do something, it would be proven by a formal document.

Kind regards,
In reply to Deleted user

Re: Job Description of Interns

by Prof. Wafaa Essameldin - -

Dear Khaled

I guess that interns have no job description yet because they are still students or trainees or training dentists. So, you are only supposed to observe and assist the older dentists and you are not supposed to perform any dirty works which, by the way, I do not understand. All clinical procedures you are doing should be under supervision of trained and qualified practitioners untill you are fully competent to work on your own because it is unethical and professionally unacceptable to work if you do not have the necessary skills . Therefore, your job is a training fresh graduate to continue your undergraduate education..Please take advantage of this intern year to complete what you couldn't learn during your academic education at the faculty.Good luck to all of you.

In reply to Prof. Wafaa Essameldin -

by Deleted user -
Thank you Dr Wafaa

What I meant by dirty work is that the Residents blackmail us interns and make us take lab tests and samples to the university hospital in exchange for taking our attendance.
In reply to Deleted user

by Prof. Wafaa Essameldin - -

Hi Khaled

This is really strange !!! Nobody has the right to blackmail anybody since you are attending your work in time !!!!!!!!! Do you mean residents of the faculty or  MOH ???