Fire Hazard

Fire Hazard

by Deleted user -
Number of replies: 4
To whom it may concern,

If you recall last year in the second term, a 2nd year student caught fire because of the "sebertaya" which we use in most of our prosthodontics clinical and pre-clinical work.
The "solution" that
 a torch, which pretty much defeats the whole purpose because the torch is basically twice as
dangerous and more flamable.

Anyway, today in the master clinic a torch or sebertaya (I'm not sure) caught fire and spread to the nearby instruments, the floor and utility box of the girl who was working. Were is not for the students quick thinking and swift action, the fire would have spread much more than it did.

To make a long story short, the previous administration had promised that a natural gas pipeline system would be added to the faculties facilities to eliminate the fire hazard of the prosthodontics clinic and pre-clinic. With all the renovations going on, I'm sure there are items a little higher on the list of priorities, but this post is just a reminder that this issue is one of the most important ones concerning our safety, and well being.

Dear Dr Wafaa, Since you are the only person who seems to take the time to actually read and respond to the forum, can you please tell me who to talk to about something like this? Beause this is the third fire in my section in just 2 weeks (the surgery fire, then a small fire the next week in the surgery clinic, and now the prosthodontics master clinic) ... this is really getting ridiculous.

Thank you
In reply to Deleted user

Re: Fire Hazard

by Deleted user -
um... or not :)

I sincerely thank those whom it may concern for their concern and eager reply to this issue that is of the utmost importance :)
In reply to Deleted user

Re: Fire Hazard

by Prof. Wafaa Essameldin - -

Hi Khaled

I am sorry for the late reply. You just go to Dr Moataz Khamis, vice dean for environmental affairs. He is also the one responsible for the crisis committee or maybe it is Dr Ahmad Rashad, I am not really sure. However, I am sure that Dr Nevin Shawky is very much involved in this committee. Good luck and I hope for a quick solution as much as you do, especially after the true fire that happened lately. Please don't get desperate because this is absolutely crucial and life threatening !!!!!!!!